I’m up and I’m procrastinating going down to the gym. But for GOOD reason. A few of you have been asking me what are some GOOD AB work-outs??
Well I’ve gotten some images and put together some of my fave and some of the most recent ab work-outs I have been doing.
—> These are all GREAT! I would recommend practicing perfect push-up after mastering the “superwoman”. When doing the glute presses don’t have your whole foot planted but go on you’re heels and raise your hands up to the ceiling. Russian twist are awesome when weights are incorporated, so much more challenging!
—> Focus on engaging your core when you lift your leg when doing this! You can also do this off of a bench and do some serious arm work-out
—> stability ball work-outs are my FAVORITE! Engages the lower abs so much!
So now I’m going to go and do my own work-out.. aghh I need to kick my butt for not running outside already xP
Eiffel Tower Planks!
My bootcamp girls busted out 3 sets of these last night. (3 x one minute rounds with weighted crunch passes in between: we’re gonna be sore today!). If you have a workout buddy, these are a lot of fun to throw into a circuit. :)
How to do it
Face your partner, head to head, in plank position, leaving about 2 feet (or just under arms length) distance between you. Keeping your plank strong and trying not to sway, lift one hand up and high five each other (opposite hands). Try to aim for higher than your head, and get a good rhythm going.
Clap overhead, down low, off to the side, etc. beginners can try this from the knees too. **If you’re partnerless, try it against a wall! **
Advanced: In the pic, the girls are doing a plank walk: down onto the forearms, then onto the hands, then the high five and repeat.
Recipes for smoothies that actually aid in weight loss
There are 23 total in the link below, so if the ones I’ve posted here don’t interest you, check out the others to find something you might like~
PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA
- Half of one banana
- 1/2smooth or crunchy low-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of non-fat milk
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon of
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- 6 cups of seedless watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup of lemon sherbet, non-fat milk, or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 12 ice cubes
- Put half the watermelon in the blender and blend until smooth, then add half of the ice and sherbet; blend until smooth. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
KIWI AND HONEYDEW
- 2 cups of honeydew, cubed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Place the honeydew, kiwi, apple, sugar, and lemon juice into the blender and blend until it’s smooth, then add the ice cubes and blend until the mixture is slushy.
- 1/4 cup of cubed mangoes
- 1/4 cup of ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup of mango juice
- 1/4 cup of fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 6 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- 1/2 cup of skim milk or soy milk
- 6 ounces of vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice
- 1 medium-sized, chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons of cashew butter
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and then blend until smooth; best eaten with a spoon!
These all look so yummy! I think I’ll try the apple one first… or maybe the kiwi? but the mango peach looks so delicious!! oh no, can’t decide!
Our favorite part during P.E.
Stretching helps you improve your movement and flexibility.
Have you ever had trouble with your muscle being in pain after a workout that you started without stretching?
Stretching is essential for you to avoid hurting yourself as you exercise so don’t forget!
A stretch session should last 5-10 minutes.
here are a few exercises you can do! (under a read more)